JAIN DHARM DIVAKAR ACHARYA SAMRAT PUJYA SHRI ATMA RAM JI MAHARAJ
(FROM SEPTEMBER 24, 1882 TO JANUARY 30, 1962)
World religion…… Truth, Spirituality, Non Attachment, Tolerance, Charity Fearlessness, Straight Forwardness, Non-Violence, Austerity, Forgiveness, Self-Control, Equanimity, Modesty, Fortitude
Peace, Purity, Love, Renunciation, Meditation, and Perseverance.
- Decorated with the title of “Acharya Samrat” in 1952 and had a many thousand Saints as his disciples.
- Advised & shown path to national leaders like Jawahar Lal Nehru, Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel, Sh. Morar Ji Desai, Sh. Bhim Sain Sachar and Sardar Partap Singh Kairon for achieving independence from the clutches of British Empire.
- Being a Divine Guru, a living embodiment of diligence and expansion of self.
- A rare Saint scholar of Prakrit, Sanskrit, Hindi & many other languages and their literature. He translated, edited & re-wrote many Jain Agams from Prakrit to Sanskrit and then in Hindi. In addition he blessed with his own advices, known as ‘Tikkas’ (conclusion).
- His charismatic capacity of self control & fortitude came to the fore when in a surgical operation of his hip bone, didn’t allow W.Virgin, a Canadian national, to use anesthesia and raw cotton, and asked him to operate without any female staff touching him. No sign of any nervousness was there on the face of this divine guru. After this surgery, Dr. Virgin with all sense of humility remarked that he had never seen any saint of his calibre with such perseverance. He was truly an apostle for humanity at large.
- Mission of charity to the neglected sections of society was very close to the heart of this adorable guru.
- Paying rich tribute to this beacon of spiritual light a posh colony named Atam Nagar in Ludhiana & “Atam Samarak” in village Kanech (Sahnewal), G.T. Road, Ludhiana for the in depth Study of Jain Agams were established by his devotee Samaj Ratan Sh. Hira Lal Jain.
After the heavenly abode of Guru Ji, his true devotee Samaj Ratan Sh. Hira Lal Jain pledged himself towards the fulfillment of his Guru’s cherished mission and established Shri Atma Ram Jain Memorial Trust. Further with the efforts of Sh. Hira Lal Jain Ji, institutions based on charity including ATAM PUBLIC SR. SEC. SCHOOL (Est. 1974), ATAM NURSERY SCHOOL (Est. 1974), ATAM VIDYA MANDIR SCHOOL (Est. 2008) in the streams of education and health services were established under the aegis of the trust for providing quality education on affordable fee structure.